Place of Rock Tours & Safaris
Place of Rock Tours & Safaris is a well-established South-African based tour operator FOUNDED in 1996. We are based in the Mpumalanga Province with offices in Hazyview & White River. Our Passion for this beautiful area and its people left us with the need to share its beauty with friend and stranger alike. With this Passion evident in our day to day operations, we built a reputation for first-class customer care and services with knowledgeable and professional guides.
We create a working environment where all team members reach their full potential whilst working in an atmosphere of Professionalism, Trust & Harmony. Our long term long term goal towards Sustainable Tourism is to improve the lives of communities in the immediate vicinity of our Operation, Tours & Safari destinations. We employ and train members out of these communities.
During our years of dedication, we have harnessed our knowledge into various DAY TOURS and guided /self drive OVERNIGHT TOURS, offering a first class tourism experience to both the discerning and first-time traveller. In this respect aim to provide the ideal travel package suited to groups and individual traveller needs.
Place of Rock is also a leading TRANSPORT OPERATOR in Mpumalanga and holds a fleet of very well maintained vehicles – giving peace of mind, whilst enjoying a safe and comfortable drive throughout. Our fleet is insured with Public & Passenger liabilities and also carries the necessary road worthy and transport permits. Transfers & Tours are conducted in luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter Coaches, Microbuses & Open game drive vehicles. TRANSFERS are an interpretive, pleasant and comfortable experience.
We offer a 24 hour, 7 day week emergency number manned by a duty manager who is able to answer all queries and is empowered to deal with virtually any unforeseen circumstances.
Being a SATSA (South African Tourism Association) member in good standing, ensures an emaculate standard of service.
Our success is dependent on our relationship with you, our clients, the Place of Rock team and the community around us in a manner which results in a long term relationship and mutual growth.
We invite enquiries from all sectors of the Tourism Industry.
Where to find us
You would find our head-office on the White River Country Estate in White River, only 20 Km from Nelspruit the Mpumalanga capital, 40 km from the Numbi Gate into the Kruger National Park and central to the Mpumalanga Escarpment.
Our Reservations and Operational office in Hazyview is in contact with all vehicles 24 hrs a day and situated 10km from the Phabeni gate, 55km from Skukuza and 1 ½ hours from the Swaziland and Mozambique Border post.
Offices are in close proximity of operations for back up, logistic reasons and peace of mind
- Our guides strive to keep the Passion for the African bush alive and are employed for their vast bush knowledge and ability to interact with guests
- Guides speak fluent English and Afrikaans, bush knowledge of German, Spanish, Italian, French and Dutch.
- Field guides are Theta & FGASA qualified and have a long term association with the bush.
- All guides are in possession of a professional drivers license (PDP).
- They form an integral part of our success.
- Our team of professional office staff does not mind walking that extra mile. They respond to enquiries immediately, realizing how important time is in today’s business world. Enquiries are handled in the most efficient and professional manner. Before and during tours they will assist you with any queries you might have to ensure guests are relaxed and comfortable at all times.
Our Mission Statement
To be a company:
- Who honours their commitment to the Tourism Industry
- Offers recognizably exceptional good value for money
- With a reputation for absolute integrity and respect for all people
- Has a dynamic and flexible, yet bold and long term approach to the future
- Committed in becoming YOUR first choice when booking a SAFARI or TOUR to the Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga, Mozambique and Swaziland